How to close instagram account on phone
How to Delete Your Instagram Account on iPhone
- You can delete your Instagram account on an iPhone by opening the app's "Settings" menu, but you'll need a Professional or Business account.
- The iPhone app also lets you temporarily disable your Instagram account, which will hide it instead of deleting it.
- Before you delete your Instagram account, you might want to download all your pictures and data.
If you frequent social media sites like Instagram, chances are you've seen friends participating in social media "cleanses" — a trend where you delete an account to cut down on screen time (and often stress). For those of us who spend our nights endlessly doomscrolling, a cleanse like this might sound incredibly appealing.
Deleting your Instagram account will erase every picture, video, and comment you've posted. Your account page will disappear too, so no one will be able to find it. In contrast, disabling your Instagram account will hide your account and all your photos, but you can bring them back at any time.
Unfortunately, you can't always delete your Instagram account using the iPhone app. If you only have a regular Instagram account, you won't see any options about deleting or disabling your account — in order to see these options, you need to have a Business or Professional account.
If you don't have a Business or Professional Instagram account, you'll have to delete your account the normal way. But if you do have one of those special accounts, here's how to delete or disable your Instagram account using the iPhone app.
How to download your Instagram data before deleting your account
Even if you don't want to use Instagram anymore, it doesn't mean that you have to lose all the photos you posted. Before you delete your account, you can download your data for safekeeping.
Unlike deleting your account though, you can only do this through a web browser. Head to Instagram's website and log in, then open the Data Download menu.
How to delete or disable your Instagram account on iPhone
In the past, you could only delete your Instagram account using a web browser. But now you can do it in the iPhone app too.
1. Open the Instagram app and tap your profile picture in the bottom-right corner.
2. Tap the three stacked lines in the top-right, then select Settings.You can open the Settings menu from your profile page. Instagram; William Antonelli/Insider
3. Tap Account, then Delete account at the bottom of the page.You'll need a Business or Professional account to see this. Instagram; William Antonelli/Insider
4. Choose whether you want to delete your Instagram account or just disable it. Remember that deleting your account will permanently erase all your photos, videos, and comments, while disabling it will just hide your profile until you log back in.
5. Whichever option you choose, a new page will appear asking you why you want to delete or disable your account. Fill out the form and then confirm your choice.Specify why you want to delete your account. Instagram
Your account will be deleted or disabled.
If you chose to delete your account, you can log back in within 30 days to recover everything and "un-delete" your account. If you disabled it, you can log back in whenever you want to re-enable it.
And once you've deleted your account, you'll probably want to delete the app too. Check out our guide on deleting iPhone apps for more details.
Tech Reporter for Insider Reviews
William Antonelli (he/she/they) is a writer, editor, and organizer based in New York City. As a founding member of the Reference team, he helped grow Tech Reference (now part of Insider Reviews) from humble beginnings into a juggernaut that attracts over 20 million visits a month. Outside of Insider, his writing has appeared in publications like Polygon, The Outline, Kotaku, and more. He's also a go-to source for tech analysis on channels like Newsy, Cheddar, and NewsNation. You can find him on Twitter @DubsRewatcher, or reach him by email at [email protected]
Read moreRead less
How to Deactivate or Delete Instagram Account on Android & iPhone? Easy Steps – Version Weekly
Are you fed up with social media and want to delete your Instagram account temporarily or permanently? If you are here then I should say that this is the right place for you to find answers to your questions.
I think you’re one of the billion monthly users of Instagram who actively share your pictures with your followers. I know it’s fun to post favorite food pic or selfies or nature pictures on Instagram but when your account gets hacked by some x person and when IG privacy options are weak.
In this situation, the first and last option for any user to do is Deleting Instagram Account permanently or temporarily.
Okay, let’s discuss the main point of today!
I can imagine how painful it is to delete or deactivate social media accounts from your life. Social media platforms entertain you in boring times and also connect with your friends and loved ones. Living without these activities is a bit tough for social media freak.
Nowadays, people are active on the Instagram platform in sharing special moments with others like family, friends, and loved ones. But at some point in the time, people may get irritated with Instagram, it may be any reason behind that. Those people who need a break from Instagram can check these two options and completely come out of the Instagram Captions, IGTV Videos, Instagram Stories & Posts.
Two options that keep you fully out of Instagram are deactivating and deleting the account. Here we are going to provide detailed steps for both scenarios i.e.,
- How to Delete an Instagram Account Permanently?
- How to Deactivate an IG Account Temporarily?
How to Delete Your Instagram Account Permanently on iPhone & Android?
If you are really looking to delete your Instagram Account permanently then follow the below-provided steps carefully and remove it. Also, you can use the below-attached video to delete your insta account by seeing a step-by-step process with live images.
Step-1: In order to delete your Instagram account permanently, first of all, open the Instagram application on your android or iPhone, or pc and log in to your Instagram account.
Step-2: Once you log in successfully, go to the menu option and click on it, here you will find the Instagram help center option, tap on it. Select the Managing your Account option and move ahead to another page and click on the ‘Delete your Account’ option under the manage your account page.
Step-3: Now you will see three questions. Select the middle one ‘How do I delete my account?’ and it will show the steps that you should do to delete the Instagram account.
Step-4: After all this stuff, actually you should click on the ‘Delete Your Account’ page by clicking the link provided on that page and pick the reason for deleting your personal account from the option provided on the page like ‘Why are you deleting your account?’ here you will be seen a drop-down menu.
Step-5: Select the reason whatever you thought and proceed with the next step. If you didn’t find your reason from the list, you can choose the ‘something else’ option and go to the next step.
Step-6: After selecting the reason, re-enter your account password in the field and confirm that you really want to remove or delete your Instagram account permanently.
Step-7: Once you’ve picked a reason and entered your password, the option to permanently delete your account will be displayed on the bottom of the page.
Step-8: Tap on the ‘Permanently Delete My Account’ button and your account will be deleted at last along with all your data like media, followers, and more.
Note: It’s crucial to know that once you delete your IG account, then you are not able to sign up again by the same Instagram Username. Moreover, you can’t add that same username for creating another account. Not only you but also Instagram can’t reactivate your delete accounts and access your data. That’s how Instagram gives importance to your privacy.
How do I deactivate or disable my Instagram Account temporarily?
If you want to temporarily disable your Instagram account then your profile, photos, comments, and likes will be hidden unless you reactivate it again with your login details. If you are okay with this then follow the below steps and deactivate your IG account temporarily.
Step-1: You can’t find disable your insta account option directly from the Instagram mobile application. You need to log into the Instagram official site from your mobile browser or PC/Laptop.
Step-2: Go to the main page and at the bottom, you will see a person kind of icon, Click on it and now select & tap on the Edit profile.
Step-3: Move the page down and then hit on Temporarily disable my account option in the bottom right.
Step-4: After that, choose the option from the drop-down menu beside ‘Why are you disabling your account?’ and again type your password.
Step-5: Final option or button to disable or deactivate your account will only display when you’ve picked a reason from the menu.
Step-6: At last, click on the Temporarily Disable Account button and now you are free from Instagram activities for some days.
Note: If you want to reactivate your Instagram account again after some days, the only thing you have to do is remember your log in details and re-log into the account and come back on Instagram again.
FAQs on Deactivating Instagram Account on Android and IPhone
1. How do I deactivate an Instagram account 2021?
Follow this Step-By-Step Guide on How to Delete Your Instagram Account:
- First, Log in to your account on the Instagram website or application.
- Go to Instagram’s ‘Delete Your Account’ page. Choose from the drop-down menu your reason for deleting.
- Enter your password and click ‘Permanently delete my account’.
- Finally, Your Instagram account is deleted.
2. How many times you can deactivate an Instagram account?
In a week, at once, you can temporarily deactivate your Instagram account. For example, in case you disable your account now but after some time you come back for some reason, then you can’t disable it again in the same week.
3. Will I lost my data & followers if I deactivate my Instagram account?
Yes, you will absolutely lose all the data on your Instagram account like uploaded posts, saved posts, followers along people you are following if you disable Instagram permanently.
Despite that, the case is different if you temporarily delete the Instagram account then your account will only be eliminated from the platform on a temporary basis so you can always re-access it.
4. Can I deactivate my Instagram account twice?
Of course yes, you can easily deactivate your account twice when you opt for temporary deactivation. But here you have to remember one thing that once you deactivate your account, you should wait for a week to deactivate it again.
I wish you find this article worthy to delete your Instagram account easily without any mistakes. If you need any help while following the process of How to Delete and Deactivate your IG Account, Just drop a comment in the below comment section and we will support you totally with proper resources. If you like it please share it with your loved ones and help those people who are in need. Also, visit our Version Weekly site and find the latest and trending Good Instagram Usernames for your next IG Account.
HOW TO DELETE ACCOUNT ON INSTAGRAM - 2 options: permanently and temporarily
If you need to delete your profile on Instagram, follow the instructions. After that, the user will not be able to upload old photos and stories to his mobile phone.
We advise you to save photos and stories dear to your heart from the archive to your phone in advance. After a month or two, they cannot be returned, they are deleted from the servers.
Informative article: How to change Skype login, is it possible: 3 real options for PC, Android and iOS
How to delete an Instagram account from your phone
Getting rid of the page without leaving the application on your smartphone is real. To do this, do the following:
1. Go to the Instagram program and go to the profile.
2. Tap on the menu (three bars) on top and click on "Settings".
3. Go to "Help" and "Help Center".
4. Go to "Manage Account".
5. In the "Search" line, enter "Delete profile".
6. Find the "How to delete your account" guide and tap on the link.
7. Take any of the reasons for leaving and write down your password.
After that, the account is deactivated and disappears completely after 30-90 days.
Useful: Review of Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G NE - argued in 8 sections The request to be removed from the servers takes up to three months. This time the link is still active, but there will be no content inside. All publications, likes and comments will not be seen by other users.
After a month or two, Internet users will no longer see the account itself. The information will be deleted. But at the same time, a backup (backup copy) may be on the servers of the service itself for a couple of months. This is stated in the data usage policy.
The steps on how to permanently delete an Instagram account are the same as in the paragraph above: go to settings, go to help. In the search, register "Delete profile", take "How to delete an account." After tapping on the link, where to choose one of the reasons for getting rid of the page.
An interesting gadget: Oppo A74: an overview of 8 characteristics, pros and cons of a smartphone
How to temporarily delete an Instagram account
If you don’t want to leave social networks, but you just need to disable your Instagram account for a while, then follow these instructions. So photos, likes and comments will remain hidden: no one can access them. And they will appear only after the account is restored. You cannot turn off the profile in the application - only in the web version. How it's done:
- Open the social network Instagram.com in the browser itself.
- Click on the avatar and go to your profile.
- A page with a menu will open: there you can enter the mobile phone number, gender and other features of the account.
- Scroll and select "Temporarily disable account".
Next, you should find the reason why you want to deactivate the acc. If the point is that you need to delete a comment, you get a lot of ads, or the social network is distracting, Instagram will suggest solutions without deleting it. For those who still want to move away from social networks, just click "Temporarily disable".
Worth knowing: How to connect a gamepad to a PC: options with 3 models of gamepads
How to delete an Instagram account from a computer
Nickname will be lost when deleting a profile. If another user wants to take this "name" for himself, he can do it. And upon return, you will have to create a page with a new nickname.
Sometimes others may have time to take this name - consider this before deleting your Instagram account. For those who decide to leave online, the algorithm is as follows:
All steps on how to delete an Instagram account are suitable for any type of profile - personal or professional. The instructions are identical in both cases.
But if you just want to hide the page and keep posting, hiding is enough. To do this, go to the privacy settings and check the box next to "Closed account". After that, only those who have already been subscribed can watch what is happening on the page. No one will even be able to view the content anonymously and through bots.
Likbez: How to set up a smart watch: step-by-step instructions in 4 sections
How to delete an Instagram account: clear instructions
way that is convenient for you.
Why delete an Instagram account
The reasons for deleting a social network profile can be very different.
Some users notice that they devote too much time to maintaining their Instagram account to the detriment of work and personal affairs. Yes, and real communication fades into the background, it is replaced by virtual.
And scientists from the University of British Columbia say that users' own lives are beginning to seem insufficiently bright and interesting compared to how other people show their lives on Instagram.
Finally, not everyone wants their photos and stories to be in the public domain.
200 hours of practical training, work on a real project under the guidance of leading marketers
If you also no longer want to show your life, publications already made can be archived. In this case, no one will see them except you. To do this, you need:
- Go to your page in the application and open the publication you want to archive.
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner.
- In the list that appears, select the "Archive" item.
When you want to stop Instagram altogether, you can delete your profile temporarily or permanently.
How to delete an account temporarily
A profile that has been temporarily deleted is not visible to other users of the social network. As soon as you want it to be available again, you just need to log into the application from your phone or computer, as usual.
Removing from your smartphone
To temporarily delete your profile, do the following:
1. Go to your social network profile, go to the "Settings" section and select "Help". In the menu that appears, click on the "Help Center" line.
2. On the support page, open the "Manage your account" item. In the search bar that appears, start typing "Temporarily disable." Go to the article "How to delete your Instagram account".
3. Click the link "How to temporarily disable your account" and find the article "Instagram.com from a mobile browser". Click on the link in the first paragraph of the instructions and go to the mobile browser.
4. On the main page of your account, click on the "Edit profile" button and select the link "Temporarily disable my account" at the very bottom of the page.
5. Select the reason why you want to disable the account. Confirm your choice with a password and click on the "Temporarily disable account" button.
Temporary deletion via PC
To deactivate your profile temporarily via PC, follow these steps:
1. Log in to the social network site using your account.
2. Tap on your profile photo and select "Settings" from the menu that opens.
3. At the very bottom of the page, click on the "Temporarily disable my account" link. On the page that opens, specify the reason for deactivating the page. Then enter your password.
Important! You can temporarily block an account no more than once every seven days.
How to permanently delete an Instagram account
This option should be chosen when the profile is definitely not useful. For example, if you conducted it for a company that is closing, and the manager asked you about it.
If some data that was in the account needs to be saved, Instagram gives this opportunity before deleting the page. To do this, follow the instructions that are described here. After that, an e-mail will be sent with a link where you can download photos and videos.
Deleting a page from your smartphone
If you want to permanently delete your account, do the following:
1. Log in to your profile in the application and click on "Settings". In the menu that appears, select the "Help" line and go to the "Help Center".
2. On the page that opens, select "Manage your account". A search bar will appear in which you need to start typing the query "Delete profile". Go to the article "How to delete your Instagram account".