How to record call on whatsapp android
How to Record a WhatsApp Call on iOS and Android
You might someday find yourself in a situation where you have to create a recording of the call you’re on — for example, if you’re working from home and need a record of an important meeting. We’ve got a great guide on how to record phone calls on your iPhone or Android phone, and even one on how to record Skype calls, but for this guide, we’re going to walk you through recording calls on the messaging app WhatsApp.
- The simple approach: Voice recorder app
- Using a third-party App (Android)
- The trouble with iOS
- A catch-all hardware approach: External recorder
What You Need
WhatsApp does not natively support recording calls on either its mobile or desktop versions, but don’t worry because this is far from a dealbreaker. Many of the best methods for recording a WhatsApp call are fairly straightforward, so let’s take a look at a few now.
Please note: Recording phone calls is not necessarily legal, so check your state laws before you record anyone. If you’re in doubt, make sure to ask permission before you start recording.
The simple approach: Voice recorder app
If you have an Android phone, then chances are your device comes standard with a voice recording app. For this method, you would:
Step 1: Initiate your WhatsApp call.
Step 2: As long as you’re on a smartphone that supports multitasking, you should be able to close out of the WhatsApp call without ending it.
Step 3: Open your voice recording app.
Step 4: Hit Record.
Your call will have to be on speakerphone to make sure your recorder grabs both sides of the call, but the audio will likely sound blown out and “buzzy.” This isn’t the most elegant solution, but it’ll do in a pinch. This approach obviously works best for voice calls, but can at least capture the audio of a video call as well. If your phone doesn’t come with a recorder, we recommend Google’s Recorder app.
Using a third-party App (Android)
Third-party apps that offer call recording features are a dime a dozen and run the gamut in terms of features, cost, and app compatibilities. One of the best options for recording a WhatsApp voice call on Android is Cube Call Recorder, which is readily available from the Google Play Store.
This call recorder app is free, which is a big plus — though it does feature ads to help it stay free, they aren’t overly intrusive. Cube Call Recorder offers automatic recording of incoming calls, as well as call recording across a variety of apps including WhatsApp. This app is loaded with cool features like "shake-to-mark" which allows you to shake your phone in order to mark important moments in a conversation so you can refer back to them later. It also features support for cloud backup of your recordings, as well as a "Silent mode" that allows you to hide the recording widget and the app itself.
The trouble with iOS
Apple makes recording calls straight from your phone a much more arduous task. For one, this process starts at an immediate disadvantage as third-party apps are forbidden from accessing the phone app and the microphone at the same time. This would explain why there are no App Store apps that clearly support WhatsApp call recordings. What we are left with instead is a series of possible workarounds that, while cumbersome, get the job done. The native screen recorder in your iPhone, while capable of recording sound generated by apps, won’t capture your side of the call since the microphone is already in use by the audio call or video call itself.
Step 1: The most straightforward thing you can do is place your call on speakerphone.
Step 2: Record the call with a second device such as a smartphone with a voice recorder, or even your laptop with an audio recorder running.
Step 3: Be sure to put your phone close to the microphone of the secondary device.
It can be a bit frustrating that this is your best option, but we confirmed in testing that neither the screen record feature nor the voice memo recorder are capable of capturing audio while the microphone is already in use. Even though WhatsApp is an app, and not the iPhone’s native call tool, it still will not record audio in this fashion.
A catch-all hardware approach: External recorder
If software issues are standing in between you and a recorded WhatsApp call, then take the issue outside. You can use an external call recorder that functions through your 3.5mm aux jack on your smartphone. If you have a smartphone with no 3.5mm jack, the same effect can be achieved by plugging in through a dongle. There are several decent options out there, including the Olympus TP-8 microphone and the RecorderGear PR200, both of which are easy to use. Simply plug these in, start recording, and begin your WhatsApp call. You’ll have to transfer these files to your computer before they’re of much use, which requires an extra step, but again, it gets the job done.
All in all, recording a WhatsApp call on an Android device with access to the Google Play Store is far easier than on an iOS device, but where there’s a will, there’s a way — and hopefully one or more of these methods provides the solution to your recording needs.
- Don’t let the delays scare you — the iPhone 14 Pro is still worth it
- Airbnb is finally fixing the annoying way it shows prices in the app
- 5 Android camera features that I need to have on my iPhone
- Hey Siri, let me just say Siri
- Best iPhone deals and sales for November 2022
WhatsApp Call Recording: How to Record WhatsApp Voice and Video Calls with Audio on Android and iOS Mobile
WhatsApp Messenger is one of the most popular applications not just for messaging but for voice calling and video calling. The platform is becoming a one-stop for all needs. Whether you want to send a message to your friends, call them or video chat with them, WhatsApp allows all these features. However, what it does not allow is to record voice calls or video calls. But you need to not worry as there are different workarounds and third-party apps for that. In this article, we are going to show the best possible ways to record WhatsApp voice and video calls on your Android and iOS devices. So, without wasting your time, let’s get started.
Also Read: Update WhatsApp New Version: How to Update WhatsApp to the Latest Version on Andriod, iPhone, Desktop and More
How to Record WhatsApp Voice Calls on Android
Recording WhatsApp voice calls is fairly easy on Android. There is this application known as Call Recorder: Cube ACR, which allows you to record calls. However, it is important to note that the app does not support all phones. So, suggest you go to their support page first to find out if your phone is compatible with the app. You can click on this link to check out whether your phone supports this app or not. If your phone is in the list, you can follow these steps to record WhatsApp voice calls on your Android smartphone:
Also Read: WhatsApp Pay: How to Add Bank Account, Set UPI PIN, Send Money to Contacts, Find Offers and More
- Go to the Google Play Store and search for the Cube Call application.
- Download and install it on your Android smartphone.
- Open the Cube Call voice call recorder application and then switch to WhatsApp.
- There will be a Cube Call widget when you are taking on WhatsApp voice call.
- If not, open the Cube Call recorder settings and choose Force VoIP call as a voice call.
- Call again and see whether the widget shows up or not. If it still gives you an error, this means that your phone might not work with the application.
How to Record WhatsApp Voice Calls on iPhone
Recording a WhatsApp voice call on the iPhone is a tricky job. There is no particular application that allows you to record WhatsApp voice calls with ease. However, there is a workaround, which requires a Mac and an iPhone. Here’s how you can do it:
- Connect your iPhone to a Mac using the lightning cable. Select option ‘Trust this computer’ on your iPhone.
- Open QuickTime application on the Mac device. Go to the File option and choose the New Audio Recording option.
- Choose iPhone as an option and tap the record button in QuickTime.
- Now, from the iPhone make a WhatsApp call to your phone. Click the add user icon once you are connected.
- Now, call the person you want to record the audio and begin with your conversation. Once done, simply disconnect the call and stop the recording in QuickTime. Save the file on the Mac and your WhatsApp voice call will be recorded.
Also Read: WhatsApp Reactions: How to Use WhatsApp Reactions on Android, iOS, and WhatsApp Web
How to Record WhatsApp Video Calls on Android
Although there is no official feature to record WhatsApp video calls on your Android smartphone, there is always a workaround. If you want to record a WhatsApp video call, you can simply use the screen recorder application on your Android smartphone. Although there are a plethora of applications available on the Google Play Store that allows you to record WhatsApp video calls. One such app is the AZ screen recorder app. The application allows you to record WhatsApp video calls with audio. Here’s how you can record it:
- Go to the Google Play Store application and search for the AZ Screen Recorder application. Download and install the app on your smartphone.
- Open the application and the app will create a pop-up widget on your notification panel. It is important to note that you must toggle on ‘Enable audio recording’ before recording the call.
- Now open the WhatsApp application and make a call to the person you want to record the call.
Once the call starts, tap the record button present in the AZ Screen Recorder widget. Once you are done, simply stop the recording and your WhatsApp video call will be saved in the application.
Also Read: Delete WhatsApp Group: How to Delete WhatsApp Group on Phone, Web, and Desktop
How to Record WhatsApp Video Calls on iPhone
With iOS 11, Apple introduced the built-in screen recorder feature, which is quite helpful, to be honest. With this feature, you can also record WhatsApp video calls on your iPhone without much hassle. This also means that you don’t require any third-party apps to record WhatsApp video calls on the iPhone. Here’s how you can this feature:
- Go to Settings and open the Control Center. Tap ‘Customise Controls’ and simply add a Screen Recording option to the list of active controls.
- Open the Control Center on your iPhone and tap on the Screen recording option to start recording.
- Now, Go to the WhatsApp application and make a call to the person you want to record the call.
- Make sure that the microphone is enabled and call volume is set to the maximum in order to record the audio.
- Once the call is completed, simply stop the recording and save the file on your device.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are WhatsApp Calls Safe?
Yes, WhatsApp calls are safe as they are protected with end-to-end encryption. This simply means that all the photos, videos, messages, documents, and calls are secured and can be only been checked by the sender and receiver.
Are WhatsApp calls automatically recorded?
No, WhatsApp does allow you to automatically record any video or voice calls and neither it comes with any such functions. In order to record the calls automatically, you need to use third-party applications.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page
How to record video call and WhatsApp conversation on Android and iPhone
WhatsApp messenger is so popular that it is used for both personal and business communication. Often we find ourselves in situations where knowing how to record a WhatsApp conversation can make life much easier. For example, schoolchildren and students often forget to write down their homework assignments. In this case, of course, it helps to call a friend, who at the same time will explain how he solved a difficult problem. Writing down the course of the decision on paper, asking again all the time, is a waste of time. It is easier, faster and more modern to record a conversation on the phone.
By knowing how to record a WhatsApp video call, you won't miss a single important detail when discussing work issues with a customer or employee. Recording a conversation with your doctor is the best guarantee that you will follow his recommendations exactly. Recording a conversation will greatly facilitate life, even in everyday matters.
There are no call recording tools in the messenger itself. However, there are methods to correct this omission. Let's consider several ways on how to record a conversation in WhatsApp on Android, iOS, a personal computer or laptop.
How to record a video call on WhatsApp Web
If WhatsApp is installed on your PC or laptop, audio and video calls can be recorded using Movavi Screen Recorder. With it, you can capture any video from your screen or webcam.
Step 1. Open the program
If you don't have Movavi Screen Recorder installed on your computer, download the installation file from the official website and run it. Installation is fast, using a standard wizard, you just need to follow the instructions on the screen. After installation, the program icon will appear on the screen.
Step 2. Select the capture area
Launch WhatsApp and Movavi Screen Recorder on your computer. On the right side of the application window there is a vertical sidebar with icons. On it you need to select Screen recording . Use a capture frame to outline that part of the messenger window, the video from which you want to record (video chat).
Step 3: Adjust settings
On the horizontal bar at the bottom of the screen, press Microphone and System sound in sequence. The recording of the conversation will be performed correctly only if both of these icons turn green.
Step 4. Record the conversation
On the horizontal bar, click on the icon Start recording . Recording will start after a 3 second delay. At the end of the conversation, press the icon Stop . If you do not need to record any part of the conversation, you can pause the recording process by clicking on the icon Pause . Hot keys in Windows: F9 - Pause, F10 - Stop. If you click Cancel , the video will not be saved at all.
Step 5. Delete the excess
When the recording is finished, the video will become available for editing in the preview window. To cut a fragment, the icon Cut is provided. If a video fragment is not needed, just click on it and click on the icon Delete fragment .
Step 6. Save the entry
Press the button Export located in the lower right corner of the screen. By default, the video is saved in MP4 format, but it is possible to choose any format convenient for the user. Having decided on the desired format, press the button Save
- The application is suitable for devices running Windows and macOS
- The program interface is extremely simple and intuitive for a user with any level of education
- During a conversation, you can draw on the screen, make notes, which will later come in handy when searching for the desired fragment
- You can record only sound, no video notes
- You can edit already finished video
- Using the scheduler, you can pre-set the exact date, start and end time of recording
- A free version of the program is available with a limited time of use
- The license for the paid version is inexpensive
- The program is paid
There is no software on the computer, you can use the free online service Screencapture.com.
- Open the site https://www.screencapture.com/ru/.
- If necessary, check the boxes on options Microphone and Webcam .
- Press button Start recording . At the request of the service, agree to provide access to the screen and microphone.
- Record conversation.
- Stop recording when the video call ends.
- Simple interface
Cons To avoid it, you need to buy a subscription
How to record a WhatsApp conversation on Android
Recording WhatsApp calls is only possible on Android devices that have a screen capture feature. These are mainly Samsung Galaxy Note10 / Note10+ and later models.
- Swipe down the screen.
- Click on the icon Screen recorder .
- Allow video and audio recording.
- Go to Sound settings , check the box for Internal sound and microphone (Media sounds and mic) .
- Click on Start recording . Recording will start in 3 seconds.
- Launch WhatsApp. While recording a conversation, you can draw on the screen, make notes, connect recording from the front camera.
- To end recording press Stop .
- Easy to use built-in function
- The method is only suitable for some models of Samsung smartphones
If your smartphone model does not have a built-in screen capture function, you can enter hands-free mode on one smartphone, and next to put another one with a voice recorder turned on or some kind of sound recording device. True, this method is far from the best. In order for the voice recorder to record the voice messages of your interlocutor, you will have to turn on the speakerphone mode on your smartphone. However, the sound of the interlocutor's voice will still be distorted. If you have only one phone, using the built-in voice recorder, you cannot record the conversation, because the applications conflict over the right to use the microphone.
How to record a WhatsApp conversation on iPhone
Owners of devices running iOS 11 and later (iPhone, iPad, iPod) can use the system's built-in capabilities to record a WhatsApp video call.
- Go to: Settings > Control point > Item settings , select Screen recording . The action needs to be performed only once for the desired icon to appear in Control point .
- To prevent extraneous messages from appearing on the screen during recording, turn on the Do not disturb mode .
- Go to Control Center , press the icon Record and hold until a pop-up menu appears. If the Audio microphone is not enabled, enable it.
- In the pop-up menu press the button Start recording . Recording will start in 3 seconds. While she is walking, a red bar will be displayed at the top of the screen.
- Open WhatsApp.
- To stop recording, click again on the Screen Recording icon (the button should turn white) or on the status bar. The video is automatically saved in the *Photos app.
- Simplicity and convenience of the method
- The method is suitable only for owners of new “iPhones”
If your smartphone does not have a screen capture feature, you can use a third-party application to record WhatsApp calls. Consider the three most popular special applications.
1. Cube Call Recorder (app by Cube ACR)
Android app records regular phone calls and VOiP. The program supports not only WhatsApp, but also most popular instant messengers, for example, Skype, Viber, Telegram. The program can record both all phone calls (by default) and individual ones. It is possible to create a list of subscribers whose calls will not be recorded. The application has its own file manager that allows you to sort calls, remove unnecessary ones, and perform an accelerated search.
In addition to the free version, there is a premium version with additional features, such as PIN code recording protection options, MP4 call recording, cloud storage management functions.
- The free version has all the necessary features to record calls
- The free version has no time limit
- The application requires too much access to data and services, including too much access to the phone and services contact book
- After installing the application, the battery drains faster
- The program only records voices, not video
- There are problems with sound settings
The popular TapeACall application is designed for Android and iOS mobile devices. The application is paid, but there is a free trial version. You can record calls in MP3 format. Recording to cloud storages Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive is available. Files can be tagged to make searching easier. Using the "Share with a friend" function, recordings can be sent using various instant messengers, in particular, Twitter.
- Russified interface
- Good quality record
- Compatibility with Android and iOS
- The ability to send records through messengers Minuses
- Paid Paid Paid Paid Paid Paid cellular service provider supports 3-way calls
- Record only audio, no video
- Free version can be used without time limit
- Support for a large number of instant messengers
- The number of calls recorded in the free version is limited
- Recording only audio, no video
- Some users complain about the difficulties with setting the sound quality in the latest versions of Android
- Movavi Screen Recorder
- Mobizen (for Android users)
- Screen mirroring software (for Android and iOS users)
- Built-in video recording (for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch)
- Download Movavi Screen Recorder and install it following the instructions.
Movavi Screen Recorder for Windows
Movavi Screen Recorder for Mac
- Adjust the recording options to record only the part of the screen you want to record.
- Start a WhatsApp call recording. If necessary, you can press Pause , Stop and Cancel at any time.
- Edit and save your entry with the built-in editing tool.
- Go to the Play Store and search for Call Recorder - Cube ACR. Install it.
- Once installed, launch the app and grant it all the necessary permissions, such as draw on top of other apps, access your phone, contacts, etc. These permissions are used to ensure a smooth experience so that you don't encounter an error when the app tries to identify incoming and outgoing challenges.
- It will then request access to the accessibility service to verify that your phone supports VoIP call recording - Voice over Internet Protocol. If you don't see the tooltip, it means your phone doesn't support this feature.
- Now that everything is done, you will see a list of calling applications compatible with this application, such as phone, Facebook, Skype, Telegram, WhatsApp, etc.
- Then open WhatsApp and make a voice call. If the app is running, you will see a pink widget on the call screen. Now all your WhatsApp calls will be automatically recorded as soon as you pick them up.
- If the recording seems strange or you can't hear the caller's voice, go to the ACR app, open the Recordings section, scroll down and turn on forced call mode. If this setting is enabled, the application will treat VoIP calls as normal calls, so you can record the caller's voice without any problems.
- Use a data cable to connect your iPhone to your Mac and give the required permission by clicking "Trust this computer".
- Open QuickTime and select the File menu.
- Next, select "New Audio Recording" from the menu, select the connected iPhone as the source, and press the record button.
3. Rec Call Recorder
The popular app is compatible with Android and iOS. There are paid and free versions. The free version allows you to record a limited number of calls per week. The application is easy to set up so that it automatically records all calls or only some, on demand. It is possible to save files in AIFF and WAV formats.
you can use the built-in screen capture function (if available) or any of the applications. But in cases where you need to record video along with audio, but there is no built-in capture function, the best option is Movavi Screen Recorder.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to record a WhatsApp conversation?
The question of recording a conversation has three sides: technical, moral and ethical, and legal.
From a technical point of view, you can record everything that the software installed on the device allows you to record.
For ethical reasons, it's best to notify the person you're talking to that a recording is in progress.
The legal side of the issue is more complicated. The legislation prohibits transferring to third parties or in any way distributing data about the personal life of the interlocutor without his consent, as well as commercial information. That is, if you are discussing the nuances of the technical task with the customer, it makes sense to warn him that you want to record the conversation, and, of course, the received file cannot be transferred to outsiders. The same applies to chats with work colleagues. According to the Civil Code of the Russian Federation, the collection and transfer of information about private life is possible only in the interests of society and the state. However, it is not considered a violation if the citizen himself allowed the disclosure of some part of personal information. Accordingly, if for any reason you want to record a private conversation, you cannot do this without warning. Making secret recordings of personal conversations or transferring them to outsiders is prohibited by law.
Can you record a WhatsApp video call?
Yes, you can. WhatsApp does not have a recording function or a dedicated recording application, but it can be done using other programs and tools:
How can I record WhatsApp calls without an app?
The only way to record WhatsApp calls without an app is to use an iPhone because iPhone has a built-in screen recording tool. In addition, you will need to download the whatsapp call recorder app.
How can I record audio and video calls on WhatsApp?
How to Record WhatsApp Calls on Android and iPhone
In this post, we will share how to record WhatsApp calls on Android and iPhone. WhatsApp has arguably 5 billion installs and 1 billion daily active users. This is perhaps the largest instant messaging app. One of the best features it offers is the ability to make voice calls.
Since WhatsApp voice calls work over the Internet, they are very reliable compared to regular calls, which can experience interruptions, speech intelligibility or other problems from time to time. As working professionals, call recording is what most of us do - mainly to record calls that we might find useful in the future.
Recording normal calls is now fairly easy - you can either use the built-in method provided by some manufacturers or use one of the many third party call recorders. But the same doesn't apply to calling WhatsApp, as the company doesn't provide any official options and almost all third-party apps are tacky at best.
Programs for Windows, mobile applications, games - EVERYTHING is FREE, in our closed telegram channel - Subscribe :)
Now we are not saying that there is no way to record WhatsApp calls. It's just that the process for both Android and iPhone is very different, requires a lot of work, and may not even work at the end. So, are you still ready? Let's start then.
How to record WhatsApp calls on Android?
To be honest, there are not many ways to record WhatsApp calls on Android. One method that we have found to work without any issues is using a third party call recording service called Call Recorder - Cube ACR.
The bad news is that the app is not supported on all Android devices. In fact, before you start the process, check out the list of devices the Cube ACR can work with. If your device is not listed, there is a very good chance that it will not work for you.
If you have a device listed in the Google Spreadsheet, follow these steps.
Call recording - Cube ACR
Well, this process is quite simple, but it depends on the smartphone model to work effectively.
An alternative to this would be to root your device and use apps like XDA's SCR Screen Recorder. With this, you can record system audio, both calls and in-game audio.
It goes without saying that rooting your Android device has its advantages and disadvantages. Just be 100% sure before proceeding.
How to record WhatsApp calls on iPhone?
iOS is quite strict when it comes to the privacy of its users; That is why there is no official or direct method to record WhatsApp calls on iPhone. However, there is a workaround.
The technique I am about to tell you requires work and patience. Also, you must have a Mac, an iPhone, and an alternate phone with an active WhatsApp account. The secondary device can be anything as long as it can run WhatsApp.