How to know forgotten instagram password
How to Change or Reset Your Instagram Password
- You can change your Instagram password at any time from the Settings menu of the mobile app or website.
- If you log into Instagram via Facebook, you need to update your password using Facebook.
- If you lose or forget your password, you can reset it from a link under the password field on the login screen.
Maintaining security for online sites and services — particularly social media accounts — takes diligence. If you still log into Instagram with a weak password, a password that is duplicated on other sites, or one that might have been compromised in a hack or data breach, it might be time for a change.
Thankfully, whether you want to change your Instagram password on your computer or mobile device, you can do it in just a few steps. Remember, though, that if you log into Instagram using Facebook, you need to change your password through Facebook settings, not through Instagram.How to change your Instagram password on the mobile app
The steps to change your password in the mobile app are essentially the same for both iOS and Android.
1. Open the Instagram app.
2. Tap your account icon in the lower-right corner to go to your profile page.
Quick tip: If you have multiple Instagram accounts and want to change the password for a different account, tap and hold the account icon at the bottom of the screen and choose the account you want from the pop-up.
4. Tap the three horizontal lines icon at the top-right of the screen and tap Settings.After tapping the three lines icon, select "Settings. " Grace Eliza Goodwin/Insider
5. Tap Security.The password controls are on the Security page of the Settings menu. Grace Eliza Goodwin/Insider
6. On the Security page, tap Password.Select "Password" at the top. Grace Eliza Goodwin/Insider
7. Enter your current password and then type the new password you want to use. When you're done, tap Save (if you're using iOS) or the checkmark (on Android).How to change your Instagram password on the desktop site
1. Open the Instagram website in a web browser.
2. Click the account icon in the top-right of the window and, in the drop-down menu, click Profile.In the drop-down, select "Profile." Grace Eliza Goodwin/Insider
3. Click the gear icon to the right of the Edit Profile link.Select the Settings icon. Grace Eliza Goodwin/Insider
4. In the pop-up window, click Change Password.Select the "Change Password" option in the pop-up after clicking the gear icon. Grace Eliza Goodwin/Insider
5. Enter your current password and then type the new password you want to use. When you're done, click Change Password.How to reset your Instagram password if you've forgotten it
If you've lost or forgotten your password, you may need to reset it. You can do that from the login screen on the mobile app or in a browser on desktop.On the mobile app:
1. On your mobile device, open Instagram so you see the login screen. Under the username and password fields, tap Get help logging in (if you're using an Android phone) or Forgot password? (on iOS).On an iPhone or iPad, you'll need to select "Forgot password?" on the login screen. Grace Eliza Goodwin/Insider
2. If you have an Android phone, enter your email address, phone number, or username and tap Next. If you're on an iPhone, choose which tab you want to use — Username or Phone — and enter the appropriate credential associated with your account, then tap Next.
3. You'll get a message with instructions to reset your password.On the desktop site:
1. Go to the Instagram website in a web browser and on the login screen, under the username and password fields, tap Forgot password?Click "Forgot password?" on the login page. Grace Eliza Goodwin/Insider
2. Enter your email address, phone number, or username and tap Send Login Link.
3. You'll get a message with instructions to reset your password.
Dave Johnson is a technology journalist who writes about consumer tech and how the industry is transforming the speculative world of science fiction into modern-day real life. Dave grew up in New Jersey before entering the Air Force to operate satellites, teach space operations, and do space launch planning. He then spent eight years as a content lead on the Windows team at Microsoft. As a photographer, Dave has photographed wolves in their natural environment; he's also a scuba instructor and co-host of several podcasts. Dave is the author of more than two dozen books and has contributed to many sites and publications including CNET, Forbes, PC World, How To Geek, and Insider.
Read moreRead less
How To Reset a Forgotten Instagram Password
Many of us have found ourselves locked out of a social media account like Instagram before. Although there’s usually a way to reset your password, getting back into your account if you forgot Instagram password information can sometimes be tricky.
Fortunately, Instagram offers several alternative login methods that can help you out when you can’t recall the magic word. Here’s what you should do if you forgot your password and are having trouble accessing your feed.
Reset Your Password Using Email
If you know the email address you used to create your Instagram account and can access its inbox, resetting your password won’t take more than a few seconds. Follow these steps.
- Launch Instagram for iPhone or Android.
- Find the “Forgot password?” option on iPhone or tap “Get help logging in” on Android phones.
- Make sure you’re in the “Username” tab on the next screen. If you are, you’ll have to enter your username or email address. Make sure you write it correctly and tap “Next.”
- Select “Send an email.”
- If you’ve entered the correct details, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to get back to your account. Tap the reset link in the email, and you’ll be able to create a new password without having to enter your old one.
Use Your Phone Number
You don’t necessarily need to use your email address to reset your Instagram password. If you’ve added your phone number to your Instagram account, getting back in will be a breeze. Follow the steps below.
- Open Instagram for iPhone or Android to be greeted with the login screen.
- Tap “Forgot password?” or “Get help logging in,” depending on your device.
- Switch to the “Phone” tab on the next screen.
- Enter the phone number linked with your Instagram account.
- Press “Next.” You’ll receive a text message with a temporary code in a matter of seconds.
- Enter the code you were sent in the appropriate field in the Instagram app, and you’ll be able to log back in.
This method doesn’t actually allow you to change your password. However, once you’re back in your account, you can ensure your email address is up-to-date and create a new password using that later.
Log In Through Facebook
If you’re having trouble with the methods mentioned above, a third login option might save you, depending on how your account is set up. Since Instagram has merged with Facebook, you can also log into the former with the help of the latter.
- Launch the Instagram app for iPhone or Android.
- Tap “Log in with Facebook” on the login screen.
Forgot Instagram Password (but Still Logged In)
So, you’ve been logged into the same Instagram account for years, and you suddenly realized you forgot Instagram password information related to your account. This may not be an issue if you keep using the same device. However, once you change your phone or get logged out because of an error, you might find yourself in a sticky situation. Unfortunately, you need your old Instagram password to create a new one, so this option is out. However, there are still things you can do to safeguard your account.
First, it’s important to make sure that all your data is up to date in the app.
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android and tap your profile icon in the bottom right corner.
- Select “Edit profile” on your profile page.
- Find “Personal information settings” at the bottom of the screen.
- Check that your email address and phone number are correct.
Once you’ve made sure that you can access the email account associated with your Instagram account, you can go ahead and request a password change.
- Tap your profile icon to go back.
- Press the three vertical lines in the upper right corner of your profile page.
- Select “Settings,” then “Security.”
- Find the “Password” option.
- Tap “Forgot your password?” at the bottom.
You’ll receive an email from Instagram with a link to reset your password. Enter your new password, and you’re all set.
Can’t Access My Email & Forgot Instagram Password
Resetting your Instagram password is usually hassle-free – except when you no longer have access to the email you created your account with. According to Instagram, there isn’t anything you can do in this case other than try to regain access to the email account in question. However, you should try a few other solutions before giving up.
Use an Alternative Login Method
You don’t always need your email address to log into your Instagram. You can also use a previously linked phone number or Facebook account to get back to your feed. All you need to do is pick this option on the “Forgot Password” screen.
- Open the iPhone or Android Instagram app and tap “Forgot password?” or “Get help logging in. ”
- If you’ve linked your phone, tap the “Phone” tab at the top and enter your number. You’ll receive a login code to get you back to your account.
- If you’ve used the Facebook option, tap “Log in with Facebook” and enter your Facebook login info to access your Instagram.
Check Your Saved Passwords
If you’ve ever logged into your Instagram account through Google Chrome, there is a possibility that your password is saved. Try to find your password on your mobile in the following way.
- Open Google Chrome on your iPhone or Android and tap the three vertical dots next to the address bar.
- Select “Settings,” then “Passwords.” All your stored passwords will be on this page.
- Tap Instagram on the list. Your password might be stored there.
If it’s not there, it means your password wasn’t saved.
Lastly, if you can see the dots representing your password in the password space, pressing the eye icon next to it will reveal your password. You might need to enter your PIN code before you can see it.
If you managed to get your password this way, you’d be able to log back into your Instagram and even create a new password if you want.
Get Your Instagram Account Back
Although the fact that you forgot Instagram password information could be a serious problem, there’s no reason to panic immediately. So long as you can access your email or have linked your Facebook account or phone number to your Instagram, you’ll be able to get back into your feed in no time.
Did you manage to get back into your Instagram? Do you think this app should add more login options to safeguard our accounts? Let us know in the comments section below.
How to find out your password on Instagram, where to look if you forgot it
The main tool for protecting personal information on Instagram is a password. It prevents unauthorized persons from entering the personal page. Over time, the cherished combination for authorization in the account is forgotten or lost. The platform offers several standard ways to solve the problem. Let's talk about ways to find out your password on Instagram and take a closer look at the process of recovering it using all available methods: using email, phone number or an account in a partner social network.
The password from Instagram is forgotten, how to find it
An unpleasant situation can happen to each user when the password to enter the account is lost or forgotten. Do not worry, because this problem can be solved independently and in a short time using standard service tools for restoring access.
Please note that when you recover your password, you will not be able to see the previous combination, the system will automatically reset it when using your email, phone number or Facebook profile. There is only one way to remember the sequence of numbers. It is suitable for you if you use the social network mainly through a browser on a personal computer or mobile device.
When logging into the system through a browser, it will prompt you to remember the code so that next time you do not have to re-identify. Data about it is stored in the browser settings. If you did not consent to saving, then you will not be able to view it. Let's consider the procedure. Find out the password from your Instagram account:
- Launch any browser on your personal computer.
- Go to the settings section by clicking on the button in the form of three dots on the top panel of the workspace.
- Open browser settings.
- Go to the saved passwords section.
- The next page will display a list of all sites and resources on which you have confirmed remembering.
- Select Instagram from the list.
- A pop-up window will appear with a code combination, to see it, click on the eye icon.
- The field will display the current sequence of characters. Memorize it or copy it.
This algorithm is suitable for all browsers, the difference will be only in the location of the controls and in the design of the interface. The principle of operation on a mobile device is similar.
There are no other available ways to view the combination. If you forgot the security combination, you can restore it at any time by resetting the old one. There are several basic methods for this. Below we will see how to do this using email, phone number and Facebook.
Recovering a password via e-mail
The most effective and easiest method of recovering a code sequence is to use an e-mail address, provided that it is confirmed and linked to the account. The procedure is as follows:
- Launch the mobile app on your smartphone.
- Enter your personal profile information. If you do not remember your personal information, click on the "Forgotten" button.
- A new access recovery menu will open. In the top field, enter the valid email address that your page is linked to.
- After that, open the mailbox, you should receive a new notification from the social network with a link to reset the previous combination.
- We find it and follow the link, a window will appear in which enter a new password and confirm it.
- Save the changes and try to log in again.
If you didn't receive a message from Instagram, you may have entered a non-existent address or made a mistake in writing it, and also check the spam folder on your e-mail.
Try to come up with a secure code, write it down or memorize it so as not to repeat the procedure again.
In a similar way, you can regain access to your Instagram account using the mobile phone number attached to the profile. The process looks like this:
- Run the utility on your mobile device and open the authorization menu.
- On the bottom panel, click on the restore code item.
- A new window will open to restore access, in the input field, enter the cell phone number to which the account is linked.
- After that, the specified contact will receive a notification from the service with a link to reset the previous combination.
- On the next page, write a new sequence of characters and save the changes.
- Restart the Instagram application. From now on, you will have to enter new information.
There are times when a user does not remember his email or his cell phone. In such a situation, it is enough to specify the account login, the system will automatically detect the page and send an authorization code to the attached mail. If necessary, you can ask your friends on the social network for a nickname.
We use the Facebook profile for authorization
If you do not remember the cherished combination of numbers to enter the social network, do not worry, because you can log in to the system using a profile from the Facebook partner platform. To do this, you should take into account several important requirements:
- An account must be registered in the Facebook social network.
- Both accounts from Facebook and Instagram must be synchronized and linked to each other. You can do this in the Instagram settings.
- Install the official Facebook utility on your smartphone.
If all conditions are met, then you can safely enter the service:
- Go to the Instagram authorization menu.
- Under the fields for entering the password and account login, find the login button using the Facebook profile.
- On the next page, you must specify the account information about the partner network and confirm the login.
After that, you will be on your page.
Password recovery via Facebook
If necessary, you can not only log in through the partner platform account, but also restore access to the service using it. In fact, a Facebook page can replace email. After logging in through Facebook, you will receive a notification to reset your previous password from Instagram. Come up with a new code and save your changes.
In this way, you can change your email or phone number to the current ones in the Instagram settings. The main thing is to log in through Facebook and make the necessary changes.
Is it possible to find out the password of another Instagram user? Therefore, there are no legal ways to find out the security code from someone else's account. The only method is to personally request a combination from the user. If you decide to use third-party services, then be prepared to stumble upon scammers and scammers on the Internet.
The article looked at ways to see the password on Instagram, as well as how to recover it in case of loss. In order not to encounter a similar situation in the future, it is recommended to attach other social networks, a phone number and a current email address to the account. And most importantly, try to remember and write down the code sequence in a safe place.
5 ways to recover Instagram if you forgot your password?
- 1 How to enter Instagram if you forgot your password
- 2 What to do if you forgot your old Instagram password
- 3 Forgot your Instagram password and mail
- 4 computer
- 6 I forgot my login and password Instagram
Changed the password on Instagram, but it doesn't work? System refuses to start? You may not be entering the data correctly. Or you got hacked. Don't be scared! Instagram account can be restored without a password. To do this, follow the instructions below.
How to log into Instagram if you forgot your password
To get to your profile without entering the old code, click on the "Help with logging in" application on the welcome page. Didn't see this phrase? Then use "Forgot your password?".
The social network will ask you to enter a nickname in the system, or mail or phone number that is linked to the account. Then follow the written steps.
If you chose to restore Instagram via e-mail, then wait in the mailbox for a letter confirming recent activity. Follow the link provided and return the profile.
To restore via phone number - receive SMS. It will contain an access code that will allow you to use Instagram.
What to do if you forgot your old Instagram password
In a difficult case, without email and number, Facebook will help. This method is only suitable for those who have linked their Instagram and Facebook accounts.
- On the first login screen, click on the sign "Login with Facebook". You will need to enter login and password from the profile of the last social network.
- Next, go to the page and go to the settings.
- Look for "Account", then "Password".
- Change the old access code to the new one.
Forgot your Instagram password and email
If you don't remember the email you used to register your account, it will be a little more difficult to recover your data. For starters, you can use reset access data. Take the risk of entering the address of the mailbox that you remember. Will you ever get lucky?
Email from Instagram may get lost in the Spam folder.
In the case when there is no way to enter the e-mail, you can contact the support service of your Internet postman. If the success of the operation is in doubt, then ask for help from Instagram technical support.
Your message will be related to hacking. Wait for the request to be processed and follow the instructions sent.
Forgot Instagram password for iPhone
To access your account from both iPhone and Android, type help.instagram.com into the address bar of your browser. This is the official help page from the social network. Here you can find answers to many questions.
- For information about signing in to your profile, see Troubleshooting and Signing in Help.
- Next, visit the "I can't log in" box.
- Many situations in the "I forgot my password" department are described for you. Choose the right ones and read the recommendations.
For detailed instructions regarding smartphones, go to the first question "What if I don't remember my Instagram password?". Read the password reset steps for your specific device.
How to recover access to Instagram through a computer
The web version can also help with password recovery. Open the Instagram website, select "Forgot your password?". If you have a profile on Facebook, then change the data for access through it.
Not friendly with foreign service? Then mail and phone will help you. Follow all the steps described in the first section of the article.
The steps for returning an account both through the web version and through a smartphone are similar. From a computer it is more convenient to do this through the site, and from the phone - using the application.
You will be interested: how to log in to your account via PC.
I forgot my Instagram login and password
Do you remember any of the data that you specified during registration? There is a high chance that you have lost your Instagram profile forever. The developers immediately report that they cannot help with the return of the page without a certain set of data.
If you have at least a minimal idea about the information for access, then report it to technical support. You may have to prove your rights to the specified page.