How to download instagram highlight
How to Download and Save Instagram Stories
Instagram stories disappear after 24 hours.
And if you do not save them or archive them, you will end up losing all the hard work you’ve put into creating your beautiful Instagram story.
To avoid this, and make sure you never lose an Instagram story, here are a few methods that you can use in order to save your Instagram stories.
Here are the 5 methods on how to save and download Instagram stories:
- 1. Save stories in a web-based app
- 2. Archive stories in your Instagram app
- 3. How to download Instagram stories on iPhone
- 4. Save stories in ‘Highlights’
- 5. Share and save story as a post
- Save other peoples’ Instagram stories
- Bonus: How to download Instagram videos
- FAQs on saving Instagram stories
Let’s break down each of these methods and how to use story downloader tools in practice:
1.Save stories in a web-based app
If you want to make sure your Instagram stories are saved in a web-based app and reachable anytime, we suggest you try EmbedStories.
It is a professional tool for Instagram stories that can automatically download and save your Instagram stories.
Here are the benefits that EmbedStories provide:
- Save all elements of the Instagram story, such as photos and videos
- Create a gallery from multiple Instagram photo stories
- Embed and display your Instagram stories on any website
- Create different web widgets and story sliders that have a specific embeddable code and can be showcased on different websites
- Archive and save IG stories from multiple Instagram accounts that you manage
And here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to use EmbedStories as your Instagram Story downloader and archive all your Instagram stories in a web-based app:
- Log in to EmbedStories or create an account
- Connect your Facebook account
- Allow the system to get your Instagram accounts
- Click ‘Select source‘ next to the account from where you want the system to fetch the Instagram stories
Once you finish the steps, the active story from the selected Instagram account will show in the ‘My stories‘ section.
The best, you will be able to embed them in amazing slider, popover, or grid widgets directly on your website.
And every time you post stories, EmbedStories will fetch them and save them in your account, automatically syncing the widgets displayed on your website.
Using EmbedStories is perfect for agencies or people who manage multiple Instagram accounts.
It will save you tons of time and money to capture all the stories you post, analyze, and possibly use in the future again.
Additionally, it allows you to create and embed a photo stories widget with any photo that fits the story format or a video stories widget with any vertical videos you take on your phone.
Using Instagram story tools can help marketers get their Instagram marketing game to the next level.
2. Archive stories in your Instagram app
This is a great option provided as a setting in your Instagram app.
It allows you to activate an Archive option that automatically saves all stories you publish on Instagram.
To activate this option, follows the steps below:
- Open your Instagram account and click on the ‘Settings icon.‘
- Click on ‘Archive’
- In the ‘Saving’ section, activate the options ‘Save Story to Archive‘ (Android) or ‘Save to Camera Roll‘ (iOS)
That’s it. Now every time you post an Instagram story, it will be saved in the Archive section, from where you can easily download stories into your phone library.
To access this section and view the saved stories, follow the steps below:
- Open your Instagram account and click ‘Settings’,
- Click on ‘Archive’,
- The Archive screen will pop up, where you will find all stories categorized by date.
Now your Instagram stories are saved forever in your Instagram account.
One of the greatest benefits of saving Instagram stories in Archive is the future possibility to repost or re-use these stories to create Instagram Stories Highlights.
3. How to download Instagram stories on iPhone
If you do not want to save every story to your Camera Roll, you can choose to save a particular story manually.
To do this, follow the steps below:
- View your active story
- Click on the 3 dots at the bottom of the story and tap ‘Save.’
- Select ‘Save Photo/Video’ to save the individual photo or video stories, or
- select ‘Save Story’ to save everything from your story as a single video
This simple method requires you to download each story once they are published manually.
The format of the story that you will download is a vertical video.
4. Save stories in ‘Highlights’
This is a recent upgrade to Instagram stories, and it allows users to create Highlight sections on their Instagram profile from the stories after they’ve disappeared.
The sections can be viewed by others and work similarly to Pinterest boards.
The idea behind Instagram Stories Highlights is to create themed highlights where you can save and publicly store stories or posts that you think are worth the attention.
The benefits of having highlights for businesses are the following:
- Easy access to categorized posts and stories
- Highlight specific products or collections
- Highlight customer testimonials
- Add Highlight with the FAQ section about your business
And lots of more applications that you can try and use on your Instagram profile.
Here is how to save an Instagram story in Highlights:
- Open the active story or go to your Archive and click on the saved stories
- Click on the Highlight icon at the bottom of the story screen
- Choose a Highlight category or just ‘Add new‘
Now your story will appear in the Highlight right below your details in your Instagram profile page.
You can also create a Highlight of the archived stories by simply following these steps:
- Go to your profile and tap the + icon in Stories Highlights below your profile details
- Tap to select the story or stories you want to add to highlights, then tap Next
- Choose a cover photo and enter a story name for your highlight, then tap Add
You can add more photos or videos to your highlight at any time by tapping Edit Highlight.
How to save entire Highlight in one video
This is one of the most required options already available in the native Instagram app.
To save the entire Highlight with a single click, follow the steps below:
- Go to your profile and click on a Highlight
- Click on the people photos in the bottom left corner or just swipe up
- Click on the top bar download icon (as shown below)
The entire Highlight will be converted into one video and saved in your phone Camera Roll.
How to embed Instagram Stories Highlights on your website
As mentioned above, the EmbedStories platform can easily help you organize your generated Instagram stories in groups similar to Instagram Highlights (no need to download the Instagram highlights).
This unique feature will provide you with a code to embed these Highlights on your website.
This is how the widget will look like in action:
If you think this feature will level up your Instagram marketing strategy, check out our step-by-step guide on how to embed Instagram Stories Highlights on any website.
5. Share and save story as a post
With this option, you can share IG stories on your Instagram feed and basically save them in your account.
To do this and share an Instagram story as a post, follow the steps:
- View your active story
- Click on the 3 dots at the bottom of the story and tap “Save”
- Select Share as Post
That’s it, the story photo or video will appear in your Instagram feed and can be seen in the feeds of your followers like any other Instagram post.
Save other peoples’ Instagram stories
Please note that there is no official Instagram API option to save other people’s Instagram stories. But, if for any reason you want to save someone’s Instagram story then you might try these methods.
Instagram story saver
Look for mobile apps in your Google Play Store or Apple App Store for an Instagram story saver app that can fetch your friends’ Instagram stories.
Usually, story downloaders request users to enter their Instagram username and click on the download button in order to save a story.
Make a screenshot of an Instagram story (Not recommended)
You can always take a screenshot and save a photo of the story but this is just a caption of the story format and it will not work if you want to save videos. Unless you use a video capture app.
Also, you might ask does Instagram notify screenshots of stories?
Yes! If you make a screenshot of stories posted by other people, Instagram will notify them that you’ve made a screenshot.
Bonus: How to download Instagram videos
There are few Instagram video downloader tools, and in this post, we will show you how to download Instagram videos with StorySaver.
It is one of the easiest ways to download Instagram videos on your smartphone and PC via a browser and reuse them as Instagram stories and Instagram Highlights.Download Instagram videos on iPhone
- Open Safari and go to StorySaver to download Instagram videos;
- Go to Instagram and choose a public video and tap on the “three dots” in the top right corner to copy the video URL;
- Go back to Safari to Storysaver.net and enter the Instagram video URL in the search box, and hit Download;
- Scroll down to see the video and hit “Save as video”;
- Safari will ask if you want to download the video and press “Download”;
- On your iPhone go to “Files> Downloads” and click on the video;
- Tap on the bottom left corner icon and choose “Save Video,” and the video will appear in your “Photos” app.
- Open Google Chrome and go to StorySaver
- Go to Instagram and choose a public video and tap on the “three dots” in the top right corner to copy the video URL;
- Go back to Chrome to Storysaver.net and enter the Instagram video URL in the search box, and hit Download;
- Scroll down to see the video and hit “Save as video”;
- The Instagram video will save in your “Gallery app > Downloads”.
Download Instagram videos on PC
- Open Google Chrome and go to StorySaver;
- Go to Instagram and choose a public video, and tap on the “three dots” in the top right corner to copy the video URL;
- Go back to Chrome to Storysaver.net and enter the Instagram video URL in the search box, and hit “Download”;
- Scroll down to see the video and hit “Save as video”;
- The Instagram video will save in your “Downloads” folder.
NOTE: Before downloading Instagram videos, you must ensure two things: take creators’ permission to download and ensure that you can download videos from public accounts.
Hope this guide helps you do more with Instagram stories and Instagram videos.
FAQs on saving Instagram stories
How to save Instagram stories on iPhone?
It’s actually really easy to save Instagram stories on your iPhone. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Download an IG story downloader app from the App Store. There are plenty of them to choose from, so just pick one that you like.
2. Open the app and log in with your Instagram credentials – username and password
3. Find the story you want to save, and tap on the “Download” button
4. The story will be saved to your camera roll!
That’s all there is to it. Saving Instagram stories is easy and quick with an IG story downloader app. So go ahead and download one now so you can start saving all your favorite Instagram stories.
How do you save videos from Instagram stories?
To save your own videos from your Stories, just tap on the Top right three-dot icon and tap Save so the stories download in your iPhone’s camera roll. It works the same as with the photos.
Can you save old Instagram stories?
There is an option in Archive that you can activate and have all your stories continuously archived in your account. To activate this option, tap on the top menu icon in your profile and tap Archive. In the Archive, tap the top right three dots and tap on Settings. Then find the option Save story to archive and activate it. Now all your stories will automatically save in your archive so you dont have to save them to your phone.
How do you save other people’s Instagram stories to your phone?
To save other people’s stories, you can use a third-party app like Toolzu. To use this app, just go to their website, enter the username of the person from where you want to download stories, and click Download. Please wait for up to 30 seconds so their system can generate their latest live stories.
How do I download Instagram story on a computer?
Unfortunately, you can’t download Instagram stories on a computer directly from your Instagram app. But you can use an IG story downloader app that will allow you to save the story to your computer.
1. Google search for an ‘IG story downloader’ on your computer
2. You can find an Insta stories saver app like StorySaver and go to their website
3. Type the Instagram username
4. Find the story you want to save, and tap on “Download”.
Please note: you can only download the current, public Instagram stories.
[2 Options] How to Download Instagram Highlights
- Instagram Ultimate Guide
- 1. Get Started with Instagram+
- 2. Basic Editing for Instagram Photos+
- 3. Basic Editing for Instagram Videos+
- 4. Upload and Share Instagram Videos+
- 5. 8 Best Popular Instagram After Effects Templates
- Try It Free Try It Free
Aug 30, 2022• Proven solutions
After stories, Instagram has introduced Highlights. Nothing fancy, just our stories that are permanently glued to our profiles, forever! Unless you go the extra mile to delete them. Highlights appear right below our bio in cute little circles that are, in fact, folders. And you can now download Instagram highlights too!
Wish to save your favorite stories for unlimited views anytime and every time? Want people to see your beauty or talent even before they approach you? Make use of Instagram Highlights to make your profile visually appealing and introduce yourself or your brand. Take this chance to attract followers by showcasing your best features. Use IG Highlights as bait and go for the kill. Not literally, of course.
Are you learning new recipes? Follow and download Instagram highlights of your favorite chefs to master their skills.
You may also like:
How to Download Instagram Videos on PC/Mac >>
How to Download/Save Instagram Photos/Videos on iPhone>>
Here are two easy ways to do just that.
- Method 1: Download Instagram Highlights Online
- Method 2: Download Instagram Highlights Using Stories Archive
- Bonus Tip 1: How to Create an Instagram Highlight
- Bonus Tip 2: Best Instagram Video Editor—Wondershare Filmora
Method 1: Download Instagram Highlights Online
StorySaver is a free online website to grant your wish to save as many IG Highlights from any account. It is the bread to your butter. Lets you download Instagram highlights and save them on your PC or phone. Making it possible to re-live the memories you cherish. And yeah, you can now secretly save Gym Highlights of your crush and drool. Don't be shy; it's not a crime.
Believe it or not, StorySaver only takes a few precious seconds of your life. It downloads Instagram Highlights anonymously so you can stop worrying about people discovering about your crush. Excited yet? Besides, it doesn't even require any boring registrations or costly purchasing.
How to save Instagram Highlights? Dive in and follow these three easy steps:
1. Open StorySaver and the Instagram account from which you want to save the Highlights. Copy the username.
2. Paste the username into the dialogue box on StorySaver.
3. Select the current story or the specific Highlight/s you are crushing over.
4. Click 'Save As', and the video/photo will be downloaded to your phone/PC. As easy as that.
Method 2: Download Instagram Highlights Using Stories Archive
Stories Archive is a library of all the stories ever uploaded. However, the stories disappear after 24-hours, but not without a trace. They can still be accessed from the 'Stories Archive.' However, don't forget to activate this option to save all published stories automatically. Download Instagram Highlights from 'Stories Archive' and take a free trip down memory lane.
Stories Archive is a rich library full of the oldest to latest stories. It is convenient and quick but especially for mobile users. Grab your phone and save Instagram highlights in 4 simple steps. Don't believe it? Scroll further and see for yourself.
1. Open Instagram and open a profile. Tap the Archive icon on the profile page.
2. The Archive library will pop open. Finding a specific story can be like looking for a needle in the haystack. But luckily, the stories are arranged date-wise.
3. Click the story you wish to save and tap the three dots in the bottom left corner.
4. Then click on 'Save photo/video' to download it on your phone instantly.
Bonus Tip 1: How to Create an Instagram Highlight
If you haven't created an Instagram Highlight yet, hop on and make one. There are two easy ways to pin your favorite story to your profile:
Current story- To add your latest story
- Click the story currently uploaded, tap 'Highlight.'
- Click on the plus sign to make a new Highlight and select a catchy name to compel followers into opening the Highlights.
- Once you tap 'Add,' the story will be pinned to your profile as a Highlight.
Archive Stories- If you wish to add an older story to your Highlights
- Go to your profile, and under 'Story Highlights' tap the plus icon.
- Choose a story/stories to create a highlight and click 'Next.'
- Enter Highlight name and 'Edit Cover' by choosing a story.
- Tap 'Done', and add your own Instagram highlight.
Bonus Tip 2: Best Instagram Video Editor — Wondershare Filmora
What is the best way to attract an audience on Instagram? Make unique videos! Let me introduce you to Wondershare Filmora. Now you can create stunning Instagram videos in a snap. The user-friendly interface and professional editing tools will help you craft videos with advanced editing tools. Your creativity plus the limitless editing options in Filmora are bound to stop Instagrammers in their tracks to watch your video. You can even add animated titles that grip viewers' attention even without the audio on.
- Split-screen: This allows you to split your screen and make videos like game intros and more.
- Motion Tracking: Track moving objects in your video and add different elements to it.
- Time-lapse, slow-motion, and the reverse effect
- Audio enhancement with noise reduction and voiceover addition
- Blur certain parts or trim, flip, or rotate the video.
- Add animated texts or subtitles.
- Color Match - Match the color of selected clips to another clip.
- Audio Ducking - Fade your background music quickly to make your dialogue stands out.
- Keyframing - Customize your animations.
New Features Supported with Filmora V11!
- Effects Plugins: Use NewBlue FX and Boris FX to add stunning effects to your videos.
- Speed Ramping: Change video speed to make the video more breathtaking.
- Growing effects store to make video editing easier for you.
- Built-in stock media lets you choose from resources from Pixabay, Unsplash, and Giphy.
- Wondershare Drive: Upload your videos/projects to Wondershare Drive and download it anywhere, anytime.
- Windows 7/Windows 8.1/Windows 10/Windows 11
- Intel i5 or higher, 2GHz
- 4 GB RAM
- Hard disk space 10GB minimum
In conclusion, we discussed everything there is to know about Instagram Highlights. Now you know how to download Instagram Highlights and watch anything and everything anyone uploaded as a Highlight. And that too anonymously. Exciting, right?
Create and edit videos through Wondershare Filmora and add to Highlights. You're a pro by now. Use that wisely to build your fan-following and take over the world or at least your city, for starters. Instagrammers, are you ready to rock!?
Let us know if our efforts were of any help—comment below with your feedback. We would love to hear from our readers.
Go on, craft, or download Instagram highlights and enjoy. Good luck, Instagrammers!
Shanoon Cox is a writer and a lover of all things video.
Follow @Shanoon Cox
Thank you for your comment. We will review it within few days.
Highlights on Instagram - how to add relevant pinned Stories
Highlights on Instagram or actual (pinned) Stories appeared quite recently, but are already actively used by many commercial accounts. Highlights made it possible to significantly expand the information content of the header of the business profile on Instagram .
The information that does not fit in the profile description or is relevant in connection with any holiday (February 23, March 8), can now be placed just below the description in the form of pinned Stories.
Program for promotion on Instagram - SocialKit:
- Collecting and filtering the target audience
- Masslooking, massfollowing, massliking
- Delayed posting of photos, videos and stories
- Mailing in Direct, autoresponder
Where highlights are located on Instagram
Highlights are located below the description and above the content posted in the account (marked as Hot for account owners). Displayed only on the main profile page.
Most often used to post a price list, answer frequently asked questions, highlight current promotions, present new products, and so on. They are a set of Stories collected in one album, with an arbitrary name.
How to make and add a pinned story
To make a pinned story, add a normal story. We talked about how to do this in the article about Instagram Stories .
After publishing a Story, open it and click on the heart icon, then confirm that you want to highlight the story.
The second way to add a pinned story is from the main page of the account by clicking on the big plus. After that, you can select any of the previously published Stories or create a new one. Having marked the necessary Stories, then we come up with a name for the collection and click "Finish".
The album cover will be selected automatically, but you can change it by clicking "Edit cover" and selecting any of the Stories in the collection as the cover.
After the done manipulations, the created collection will appear in the "Actual" section in your profile.
Ideas for using highlights on Instagram
- Products/services catalog - to simplify the search for products on your account, you can place the main ones in pinned Stories.
- Portfolio - divide your completed works or cases into areas and fix them on the main profile page.
- Archive of photos dedicated to one topic. For example, "Journey to Italy" or "Opening of an exhibition of paintings by Van Gogh."
- Content rubricator - in each album we save Stories by subject.
- Instructions - for example, on how to place an order on the site.
Surely, while you were reading our ideas, an insight came to you and you came up with at least a few more ways to use the Highlights function.
Cool video ideas for Instagram
How to edit or remove Highlights
Remove from current.
Why there is no highlights function on Instagram
The absence of the highlights function on Instagram can be due to the following reasons:
- outdated version of the application;
- old version of the operating system or device;
- old account.
To be able to make pinned stories, update the app or software on your phone.
Highlights are quite a useful feature that you should definitely use to significantly expand the section with important information about the company. Also mandatory is how to use the SocialKit program for professional Instagram work.
Watch Instagram stories anonymously - Instagram stories without registration
Enter the username in the search bar using the formats
@username or https://www.instagram.com/username/
Keeping abreast of all the events of the person of interest is simple - enough use our free InstaNavigation service. The peculiarity of our resource is complete anonymity of the user, which allows you to follow stories, live broadcasts, photos, likes, read comments, monitor followers, etc.
No account required
You do not need your own profile on this social network. You have the opportunity to always view the feed of users without the need to log in system and mobile application installations.
using our service, you are completely invisible to the account owner, who viewed.
Each user of our resource can download publications on a personal computer, smartphone, tablet or notebook. Do not miss the opportunity to save important information for you.
What can be viewed or downloaded with your Internet resource?
Each user of our service has the ability to view and save stories, highlights, publications (note that accounts must have an open access).
Do I need to create my own Instagram account for viewing others profiles?
To view other accounts, you do not need to have a profile or create one specifically. It is enough to indicate the correct nickname of the user of interest (you need to enter the nickname right, because even a mistake in one letter can lead you to the page completely another user).
On which device can I use your service?
You can use our resource using any gadget that has a browser and Internet connection. Regardless of the device used (PC, phone, tablet), the ability to view the desired profile is guaranteed by us.
Is it possible to download the desired material anonymously without leaving behind you traces?
Each user of InstaNavigation can easily download the desired story, video, photo, etc. Before downloading, make sure that the profile is open.
How much do you have to pay to use your service?
The use of our resource is free and does not require a verification process, which will save time - just go in, specify the desired nickname, and that's it.
Can I use previously downloaded content from Instagram?
Using other people's photos / videos / stories is not recommended, because. rights to them belong to their owners. You can download material for informational purposes only. Please note that this does not apply to photos/videos that are freely available. accessed on the Internet, it does not have intellectual property rights.
What download formats does InstaNavigation offer?
All videos, including stories, are downloaded in MP4 format, photos and photo stories in JPEG. The quality of the downloaded material does not differ from the source, which allows you to worry about having hard-to-read material. Our service guarantees fast loading, which eliminates errors when saving.
January 16, 2022 16:54
If the blogger's page is not beautiful, attractive and interesting, then it is pointless to expect success.