How can i see who shared my instagram story
How to See Who Shared Your Instagram Story
Last updated: 29.08.2022
Anyone who’s ever used Instagram knows that stories are one of its most compelling features, allowing you to share glimpses of your life with your friends and followers. And naturally, any information on how people interact with your stories is essential for perfecting your content, regardless of whether you are promoting your brand or just showcasing your life. That’s why we’ll now discuss how to see who shared your Instagram story and whether that’s possible to begin with.Can You See Who Shared Your Instagram Story?
Up to 61% of Instagrammers use stories to see what their friends are up to and that includes sharing. But is it even possible to know who shared your story? Unfortunately, the answer’s not a simple yes or no. You can only see who shared your Instagram post to their stories if you have a business or creator account. These accounts give you access to content insights, which can tell you a lot about who is engaging with your Instagram posts, reels, and stories.
Keep in mind that if there is a story that you just posted and switched your personal account to business, you will still not be able to see Insights into the old stories. You will only be able to see the Insights for those stories that you have posted after changing the account settings to business.How to See Who Shared Your Story on Instagram
A lot of information about your content’s performance on Instagram comes from the Insights tab on your business/creator account. This is how to see how many shares on an Instagram story you have:
- To see the Analytics, go to your story.
- Tap Analytics in the bottom left corner.
- Select ‘View Insights’
- Select ‘Story Viewers’
- A list will appear with all the people that have watched as well as the number of them that have shared it.
And that’s all there is to it. As we noted above, you need to have a business/creator account to get access to that information.
Learn more: Does Instagram Notify You When You Screenshot a StoryHow to Find Out Who Shared Your Instagram Story Without a Business Account
Currently, there is no way of seeing precisely who sent or shared your story unless they have tagged you in the process in which case you will receive a notification in your DMs.
Finding out who shared your Insta story without the business account might turn out to be a bit of a cat and mouse game or proper spy work. If the curiosity peaks, you might check the view order and go to every viewer’s profile, or if they are too many, the ones that are more likely to have shared your story. Maybe you will see your story shared on theirs or turned into a post. This might be an easy solution if you don’t have a ton of followers or you have an inkling of where to look.In Conclusion
Getting information on who shared your Instagram story is currently a tricky process. Still, if you’re properly motivated, there are ways to go about it, even if you don’t have a business account.How to See Who Shared Your Instagram Story FAQs Does Instagram notify when you share a story?
If you tag a person whose story you have shared, they will receive a notification in their inbox. If you haven’t tagged them they will not know you have shared the story, unless they visit your profile.Why can’t people share my Instagram story?
If your account is set to ‘private’ others won’t be able to share your content.Can you see if someone sends your Instagram story?
That is a no. You cannot see who sent your story. Even if you know how to see who shared your Instagram story with a business account, currently it is not possible to see if someone sends it.
How to See Who Shared Your Instagram Story
Instagram is currently ruling the social networking world. The platform gained rapid success within three months of its inception. The platform serves multiple purposes and can be used per users’ needs. From stories to marketing, it covers all aspects of one’s life. Recently, it has noticed a surge in the users who use the app for running businesses. It is important for companies to track their progress on these platforms. If you are one among them finding a way to see who shared your Instagram story, we bring you a helpful and effective guide. This article will teach you how to see who shared your story on Instagram and much more about the platform.
- How to See Who Shared Your Instagram Story
- How Do You Use Instagram Stories?
- How Do I Add a Story To My Story?
- How Do You View a Story on Instagram?
- Can You See Who Shared Your Instagram Story? Can You See If Someone Sends Your Instagram Story?
- Can You See If Someone Screenshots Your Instagram Story?
- How to See Who Shared Your Instagram Story? How to Know Who Shared Your Story on Instagram?
- How to See Who Shared Your Instagram Story as a Message?
- Instagram Story Vs Instagram Post
- Best App To See Who Shared Your Instagram Story
You cannot see exactly who shared your Instagram story. But from your creator or business Instagram account, you see the shares count using the Instagram Insights feature. Read this article till the end to see the steps demonstrating the same in detail with useful illustrations.How Do You Use Instagram Stories?
Instagram stories can be used for a wide range of purposes, like sharing posts, pictures, etc., with your peers, interacting and engaging with your fans or followers, etc. Follow the below steps to use Instagram stories:
1. Open Instagram on your phone.
2. From the top of the screen, tap on Your story.
3. Tap on the Create option.
Note: You can also select and upload the desired image of your choice.
4. Create your desired story with add-ons, such as stickers, filters, GIFs, music, etc.
5. Once you are ready to post the story, tap on the Your Story option from the bottom, as depicted below.
Also Read: How to Remove Shop Tab from InstagramHow Do I Add a Story To My Story?
If you are starting with Instagram and have no idea how stories work or how you can create a story of your own, you need not worry. We will teach you how to add a story using a few simple steps:
1. Open the Instagram app and tap on Your story at the top left corner.
2. Tap on Create.
3. Create the desired story with various add-ons.
4. Once the post is ready, tap on Your Story from the bottom.
When your story gets published, it can be viewed by your followers only if you have a private account or by everyone on the platform if your account is public.
Also Read: How to Access Private Instagram Inspect ElementHow Do You View a Story on Instagram?
Instagram allows you to view stories of the profiles you are following and all the public accounts. It is quite easy to locate stories of the people you follow. But in case you missed it, follow the below steps:
1. Open Instagram.
2. Tap on the active stories from the top, as shown below.
Note: You can also find stories on the desired user’s profile page.
These are the stories of people whom you willingly follow. Stories are visible for 24 hours, after which they get removed but can be saved in the archive.
Also Read: How to See Unsent Messages on InstagramCan You See Who Shared Your Instagram Story? Can You See If Someone Sends Your Instagram Story?
No, Instagram does not provide an option to see who shared your story on Instagram either by direct message or on their story. However, Instagram Insights allows you to check the number of people who have shared your story. Unfortunately, you have no way to do that if you own a personal account. Instagram Insights is a feature exclusive to either business or creator accounts.Can You See If Someone Screenshots Your Instagram Story?
No, such a feature has not been rolled out again by Instagram. Even though Instagram had tested this in 2018, when users could keep track of who was screenshotting their stories, this feature was soon withdrawn for unknown reasons. You can only see who viewed your story but will not be notified if someone screenshots it anymore. If users whose vanishing pictures are sent in direct messages get screenshotted, they will be notified.How to See Who Shared Your Instagram Story? How to Know Who Shared Your Story on Instagram?
You cannot see the names of the people who shared your story but rather a count of how many times it has been shared. Follow the steps given below to learn how to see how many people shared your story on Instagram:
Note: Instagram Insights is a feature only available to business and creator accounts.
1. Launch the Instagram app on your phone.
2. Tap on your Profile icon from the bottom right corner.
3. Tap on the Insights tab under the Bio section.
4. Swipe down and tap on desired stories under the Content you’ve shared tab.
5. Tap on Reach.
6. Select Shares from the drop-down menu, as shown below.
7. Locate your desired story. A number in a black round box indicates the shares count, as depicted below.
Also Read: How to See Who Shared Your Instagram PostHow to See Who Shared Your Instagram Story as a Message?
Though Instagram does not provide an option to see who shared your story on Instagram, it does have a feature known as Instagram Insights, which can give you the count of shares your story received. If you want to see how many times your story was shared, follow the simple and effective steps mentioned below:
Note: Instagram Insights is a feature only available to business and creator accounts.
1. Open Instagram and tap on the Profile icon.
2. Tap on the Insights > desired story under the Content you’ve shared section, as highlighted below.
3. Tap on Reach > Shares from the drop-down menu.
4. Select the desired story.
5. You can find a black round box with a number indicating the number of shares.Instagram Story Vs Instagram Post
Below are the features that make Instagram stories and posts unique and attractive for users to use on their Instagram accounts.
A. Instagram Story
- Instagram stories are more casual and temporary and offer an enormous number of tools for interaction and engagement, such as polls and rating meters.
- They last for 24 hours and can be of a maximum of 15 seconds.
- They have the potential to be edited with text, stickers, filters, and much more before getting posted.
- Viewers can reply to stories that are sent using direct messages.
B. Instagram Post
- Instagram posts are permanent and serious because they are shown in your feed.
- For any business organization using Instagram for its services, it becomes crucial to neatly plan its feed as it creates the first impression of a viewer.
- Compared to stories, they are not as capable of editing except for a few filters.
- Posts have a comment section for discussions that are visible to everyone.
There is no third-party app that can list the names of people who shared your Instagram story. You only have to switch to a business or creator account to use the Insights feature, which lets you view the number of times a story was shared.
Note: Insights will only be available for stories posted after switching to a business or creator account. Anything posted before switching will not be part of Instagram Insights.
- Fix Dropbox Error Downloading Your File in Windows 10
- How to Create Instagram Reels like a Pro
- How to Know If Someone Restricted You on Instagram Story
- How to See People’s Deleted Instagram Pictures
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to get the answer to the question of how to see who shared your Instagram story. If you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to drop them in the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.
Who reposted on Instagram ➤ Who reposted a story or post
- 1 Repost a story on Instagram via "Reply to Story"
- 2 Who reposted a post on Instagram
- How to repost a post on Instagram
Statistics is a section on Instagram that helps to monitor the activity of subscribers, including reposts. It can be viewed by users who have transferred a personal page to a business account.
If you want to know who shared your story, you will need to connect a business profile. To do this, go to the settings, and then to the "Account" section and select "Change account type".
After that, a section with Statistics will appear under the profile header. There you can see who liked and commented on posts, reach, as well as all reposts and saves.
Repost stories on Instagram via "Reply to story"
You can't immediately get information about who shared the content - the data appears after viewing stories by at least 2 people.
- Then open Stories and go to Viewers.
- Open Stories statistics in it.
- Find "Interaction" among the inscriptions. This will show the number of users who reposted it in private messages.
If you want to share someone else's story on your Instagram stories, use the new feature on the social network for this. Here's what to do:
- Open someone else's published story.
- In addition to the message field, the message “Add to history” will appear on the bottom panel. Tap on it.
- The section for adding new content will open, and a window with someone else's story will be located at the bottom of the screen. Start recording a response.
- A notification from Instagram will be sent to the author of the story that you have reposted his media files to your stories.
But this method only works if you are tagged in this story and the user has allowed sharing his Story.
Other ways to see who is sharing your content is by using apps. Popular smartphone apps are Analytics for Instagram, Instagram Followers, Unfollowers&Ghost Followers.
Applications are suitable for Android and work on iPhone. Some apps will require you to pay for a subscription to see who reposted my story.
Who reposted a post on Instagram
It used to be easier to view information about post reposts - you had to tap on the three dots next to the post and select "History reposts".
This is only possible when switching to a professional account. Follow these steps on your business account to see the number of people who shared a post:
- Open the post.
- Under the photo will be the inscription "View statistics". Tap on her.
- The system will open a menu with reach, likes and the number of reposts. Study the information.
If a post is added to an Instagram story and you are tagged, you will receive a notification about it. And this is an additional way to find out who interacted with your content.
How to repost yourself on Instagram
If you want to add another Instagram user's post to your stories, use these instructions:
- Go to your page and open the post you want to add.
- Tap the airplane icon below the photo.
- You will see a menu with a list of users to whom you can send the publication. You can also add it to yourself and write down the answer if you want.
- Post content or send a message to other users with the post.
- Done, you reposted the post.
If you want to share a live stream or IGTV, open the post in the IGTV section and also tap on the plane after you open the material. Instagram live can be shared if the author saved it in this section.
In addition to Instagram, you can repost stories and posts to other social networks, instant messengers, email or save to Google Drive. But the person you shared with will receive a link. To view the file, you will also have to go to Instagram. 9Ol000 on Instagram in several ways: through services for viewing guests, statistics and notifications. The page owner can also prevent the repost of their data.
- View in Statistics
- Reply to Stories
- Guest Services
- Customize Stories
Statistics is a feature that is only available to business page owners. It can be connected when switching profiles to advanced functionality.
Main sections and actions with Stories that can be viewed in Statistics:
- likes and comments. How many comments and likes were left;
- coverage and from where the transition was made. Where users saw the entry;
- reposts and saves. Posts were saved and shared by viewers.
Section: "Reposts" becomes available as soon as the Story has been viewed by at least two people. That is, statistics data will not appear if the record has not been viewed.
How to see reposts in Stories:
- Open Instagram - log in.
- Go to your most recently published Stories.
- Click on the button: "Viewers" - go to "Statistics" .
- Section "Interactions" will appear - see the number.
This icon shows how many users have sent the Story to friends in messages. Information that someone took a screenshot and added it to their Stories will not be available. The statistics show only the number of shipments via Direct.
Reply to Stories
This option will help you see those users who have created a thumbnail in their Stories. The function allows you to send a response using Direct, without reposting or sending to any profile.
How to reply to someone else's Story:
- Go to someone else's Stories.
- Click on the “ Camera ” icon at the bottom next to the answer input line.
- Take a picture or record a video.
- Select: permanent or one-time viewing.
- Click on the bottom of the profile picture of the author Storis.
The owner of someone else's profile will receive a notification in Direct. Thus, you can see the reactions of users to publications. The same applies to comments that can be sent. All alerts will appear in Yandex.Direct, from where you can reply to them.
Button: " Reply to Stories " will not appear if:
- the profile owner has closed the page;
- Stories replies disabled;
- User has disabled: "Sharing Stories".
In this case, any possibility to reply to the Story will be disabled. That is, the column: “ Comment ” and “ Reply to Story ” will be blocked.
Programs and services for guests
It is possible to see who reposted Instagram Stories through programs that track likely page guests. Such applications and services work only if they have been pre-installed. That is, before the user decides to check for page visits.
The list of such tools includes:
- Analytics for Instagram. Working with the audience, viewing statistical data and profile guests;
- Unfollowers&Ghost Followers. Detailed information about unsubscribes and visits;
- Instagram followers. Wrapping and additional features.
Using Unfollowers&Ghost, you can view those subscribers with whom a mutual subscription is not registered. Through the "Analytics for Instagram" application, all users who have gone to the page become available.
How to view guests:
- Download and install Analytics for Instagram.
- Log in - enter data from your account.
- Wait for loading - go to the tab "Guests".
Information on all Stories viewers, page visitors and likes will be offered. Scrolling through the pages, you can see who reposted the Story on Instagram, or at least see who visited the profile.
To prevent other people from sharing information from temporary posts, you need to set your privacy settings correctly.
- close the account. Will be available only to subscribers and upon confirmation of the application;
- disable: " Allow story sharing ". Available both in the settings of the Stories themselves, and by going to the appropriate section in the menu;
- block certain users.
How to turn off permissions and prevent replies to temporary posts:
- Go to the side menu - Settings .
- Privacy - History .
- Remove the radio button from: " Allow sharing " and " Allow sharing in Stories ".